Sunday, August 15, 2010

Why Blog?


Look at me!  Look at me!



Well, there's all this fortune and fame, of course.  Everybody knows how lucrative this endeavor is.  Other than that, it's a bit like looking into a mirror, hoping to see something new.  

Hey, didn't I go to high school with that guy?  

This is a place where I get to talk about what's going on in my life - blathering rights -  in the hope of inadvertently stumbling over something true.  Or at least entertaining.   RVs, motorcycles, photos, and travel are a part of that.

But so is whatever else passes by in front of me.  Catch me if you can.

Just the bare possibility that you might show up has kept me from being completely self indulgent.  Thanks.  Unlike, for instance, that guy holding forth behind you in the checkout line. Have you ever considered there may actually be people who stick a dongle in their ear just so they can plausibly win imaginary arguments?  

C'mon.  Does anyone really think that guy has a girlfriend?  Let alone one he can talk to that way?

But a blog, now.  That's a whole 'nother thing.  People can get away with darn near anything in a blog.  Nobody reads this stuff anyway, right?   And even the ghostly armies that might show up can hardly be captured.  That would be like trying to juggle water.  

I'm not that good.  And you're not standing there waiting to pay for your groceries.

So hey, I'm just tap, tap, tapping away.  Sometimes the person I'm reaching out to looks awfully familiar.  Sometimes I don't know him at all.  I have every hope life will be more interesting with all of us in it.   But whatever happens, if you hang around here it's not my fault.

Blame the guy over there behind that tree.

Bob


No comments: